Comment on page
Redirect my Domain
The registration of a domain name is carried out at the registry via OnetSolutions. It takes only a few minutes. In order to take advantage of the domain name, you can direct it to a VPS.
- a VPS
- an OnetSolutions account
- a domain
To point your domain to your VPS, follow these steps:
- 1.Activate the DNS zone of your domain through your domain registrar or DNS provider. This process may vary depending on the provider you are using. Wait for the DNS zone to be fully activated, as it may take some time for the changes to propagate.
- 2.Once the DNS zone is activated, access the DNS management interface provided by your domain registrar or DNS provider.
- 3.Create an A record to point your domain directly to the IP address of your VPS. Set the record type as "A" and enter "@" as the source or host. In the destination or value field, enter the IP address of your VPS.
- 4.Create a CNAME record to associate the "mail" subdomain with your domain. Set the record type as "CNAME" and enter "mail" as the source or host. In the destination or value field, enter your domain name (e.g., domain.tld).
- 5.Create an MX record to configure the mail exchange for your domain. Set the record type as "MX" and enter "mail.domain.tld" as the source or host. Set the priority to "1" to indicate the highest priority. If there are other MX records, set their priorities accordingly. The destination or value should be set to "@" to direct the mail to the main domain.
- 6.Save the changes and allow some time for the DNS changes to propagate across the internet.
By following these steps and creating the necessary DNS records, you can point your domain to your VPS and configure the mail exchange correctly. Remember to adapt the instructions based on your specific domain registrar or DNS provider's interface. If you need further assistance, consult the documentation or support provided by your domain registrar or DNS provider.