Comment on page
An additional domain refers to an extra domain name that you can associate with your web hosting account. With cPanel, you have the capability to manage multiple domains within a single hosting plan.
By adding an additional domain, you can create a separate website or web presence that is distinct from your primary domain. This allows you to host multiple websites or set up different online projects under one hosting account.
You can manage various aspects of your additional domain through cPanel, including setting up email accounts, configuring DNS settings, managing files and databases, and installing applications. Each additional domain can have its own unique content and settings, giving you the flexibility to run multiple websites or online projects efficiently.
The Alias section in cPanel allows you to associate a new domain name that will point to the primary domain of your account. This feature is commonly used to create domain aliases or domain pointers.
- a Web Hosting service
- an OnetSolutions account
To add an additional domain in cPanel, please follow these steps:
- 1.Log in to your cPanel account.
- 2.Under the "Domains" section, click on the "Addon Domains" icon.
- 3.In the "Create an Addon Domain" section, enter the domain name you wish to add in the "New Domain Name" field.
- 4.cPanel will automatically populate the "Subdomain" and "Document Root" fields based on the domain name you entered. You can modify these if needed, but it's generally recommended to leave them as the default values.
- 5.Enter a secure password in the "Password" field, or you can use the "Password Generator" button to generate a strong password automatically.
- 6.Click on the "Add Domain" button.
cPanel will now add the additional domain to your account. You should see a confirmation message indicating that the domain has been successfully added. The domain is now ready for use, and you can begin managing its files, databases, email accounts, and other settings through cPanel.
Please note that after adding the domain, you may need to update the domain's DNS settings to point to your hosting server. This can be done by modifying the DNS records with your domain registrar.
If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, our support team is available to assist you throughout the process.